Saturday, June 26, 2010

Any Excuse…

For a bad pun.

I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist using a song by The Doors for today’s Teratogenesis soundtrack.  Still, it is one of their better songs.

This chapter has fallen astride three of my subplots, although one is only mentioned in passing.  Events are starting to get out of hand, so this time I’ve decided to use an incident from one of the subplots and write it as though it’s in another.  The effect has been to level off the increasing character tension by making something seem mundane, but still keep ramping the dramatic tension up through the story.  I’m having to be careful because there is an increasing amount of danger in one of the plotlines and I don’t want to play my hand too early.

But the centre point has definitely passed and now it’s time to start tying up loose ends…