Friday, February 5, 2010

Phase 1

Well, the first month of Teratogenesis is all up and this means we are one thirteenth of the way through what will be a year long project.

Yes, I know.  I’m not over Christmas yet either.

“One thirteenth.”  That’s a bit deliberately mysterious, isn’t it?

So far, not much has happened but given that the story is resolving in real time, it’s to be expected.

The original idea was to write something character driven and this eventually developed into little windows into a parallel world.  There was then another two attempts at plotting the year through first a 2008 diary and then a 2009, before I gave up and used a spreadsheet.

I’ll make another blog entry at the end of phase 2, where I’ll explain a little about what is driving the story and why the form is important.