Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Double Time

A double posting of Teratogenesis, first yesterday and again today, I guess I was right about things picking up, eh?
I’m sure I’ve said it before, but one of the things I’ve come to like about working on a serial is the progression of sub-plots and how they advance the main storyline.  The current industrial espionage one is something that I’ve  been looking forward to for a while and is an opportunity to show how strange and ruthless the narrator has become.
Teratogenesis is a character piece and we learn more about our narrator about how he is talking than what he actually says.  And the opportunity to show how morally flexible he has become is nearer and nearer with every chapter.  Things will, no doubt, get worse before they get better…
There isn’t much going on that isn’t Teratogenesis at the moment.  There should be, but there isn’t.  Steps are being taken to reverse the situation.