Monday, August 9, 2010

I Can’t Get No Sleep

I’ve mentioned before that some parts of Teratogenesis have strayed quite close to biography, and this is another aspect of my life that I’ve decided to use as grit in the oyster of our (still) anonymous narrator.

I talk in my sleep.  I snore, I fidget and am generally quite obnoxious while I’m dead to the world.  I’m hardly Cesare the Sonambulist, doing the bidding of Dr Caligari in my sleep, but I can’t be much fun to be around.

The other element is the timing of my sleep pattern.  For example, tonight was meant to be an early night.  This blog was meant to be written before I ate.  What did I do instead?  I had a power nap…

I’ll be honest though, I quite like the adrenaline of an approaching deadline, it sharpens the mind pleasantly.  Which means I need to set more and shorter deadlines, if I want to get things done.